1. My name is Jason. I recently moved to Fort Collins from Minnesota.
2. Worker bee by day, an actor and artist by night. Trying to speak and decode the artistic language of the heart.
3. I like films. A few of my favorites are Paris, je t'aime, Doctor Zhivago, Metropolis, Amelie and The Darjeeling Limited. I don't restrict myself to certain ratings but I understand why some people do.
4. Regarding film: There is, perhaps, no greater romantic moment than that in 'Sense and Sensibility' when Elinor (Emma Thompson) realizes Edward (Hugh Grant) is not married. The scene wets my eyes every time. Every time.
5. I whistle.
6. My earliest memory of childhood fuses together my bedroom curtains and a question: how does the universe go on forever? Along with that was the curious notion that I must have come from somewhere before I was born. Fast forward: I now know why. (LDS convert, 2010)
7. My super-hero ability is S-T-R-E-T-C-H
8. I have a (now) 15 year-old son. He's such a sweet boy. He's at an age when he is struggling to fit in while still trying to discover who he is. He joins me in Colorado after his winter semester. Having him here will bring me such tremendous joy. My son is a non-member.
9. My brain is the yin to my exterior yang.
10. I appreciate the color of the evening sky when I leave work. Such marvels reveal more about the day to me than anything I did inside.
11. I enjoy listening to storytellers. I also enjoy telling stories.
12. I'm looking for an ACTIVE LDS woman.
13. The girl I someday marry will like olives, or she won't. What I know for sure is that she won't tolerate anyone dictating what she should, or shouldn't, like.
14. My grandfather had the initials PDS. My father has the initials PDS. I have the initials JDS. My son has the initials PDS. One of these things is not like the others. One of these things is not the same.
15. If you're still reading this, you should email me. Seriously.
16. Music: I enjoy it so much! So many artists and genres...I'm open to most everything. First song on the B side of Abbey Road, however, would have to be an all-time fav. Points if you know the song without looking it up. Double points if you remember albums. Triple points if you know dating isn't a contest.
17. Onomatopoeia. Best. Word. Ever.
18. I WENT TO THE TEMPLE! I just recently went to the Denver temple to perform baptisms. It was a fantastic experience. Not only was I able to feel the Spirit in the house of the Lord but I was moved by the hope of our youth as well. Some 30 kids- all on their own- were there for baptisms. A worker told me the kids are Tuesday regulars.
19. I like to see evidence of continuance in life around me. Ritual is important. I like to see things that have been, are now, and will be again. It makes me feel connected. It helps me feel grounded.
20. I say yes to Cosmic Brownies.