Ok, friends, I'm going to keep this quick and painless. Here are a few things (in no particular order) you should know about me...Hold on tight!
1. I have a very quirky sense of humor. I'm usually the first to diffuse a tense situation by cracking wise. As Sister Hinckley once said, “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” Seriously!
2. I'm kind of a straight forward person. I like to tell it how it is... wrapped in a joke or tinged with a healthy hint of sarcasm. The best compliment ever? "You say out loud what everyone else is thinking but doesn't have the guts to say."
3. I think my family is totally fantastic. I'm the youngest of three sisters who are as different as peanut butter and salsa. We aren't a flawless family, but we sure do have a good time together. I adore each of my 9 nieces and nephews like they were mine. I may or may not be the favorite aunt. (*cough* I'm totally the favorite!)
4. I never give up on the people I love. Once I'm in your corner, you've got a friend for life. I'm the person you call at 3 am because your car broke down and it's pouring rain. I'll bring the jumper cables and probably take you out to IHOP afterward.
5. I have a healthy sense of wanderlust. It's been a few years since I've had the chance to travel the way I'd like to, but I'd love to get back to seeing the world (with someone fantastic!). I have a few favorite spots like Switzerland and Zambia that I'd love to see again... but there's so much more to see!
6. While I would have been a tragically inadequate pioneer (trust me, my handcart pulling skills are lacking!), I prize my relationship with the Lord. I count myself extremely blessed and try not to take those blessing for granted.
So that's my sneak peek! Drop me a line sometime. You're probably amazing and I'd love to get to know you.