Ok, friends, I'm going to keep this quick and painless. Here are a few things (in no particular order) you should know about me...Hold on tight!
1. I have a very quirky sense of humor. I'm usually the first to diffuse a tense situation with a laugh. As Sister Hinckley once said, “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” Preach, sister!
2. I'm kind of a straight forward person. I like to tell it how it is... wrapped in a joke or tinged with a healthy hint of snark. The best compliment ever? "You say out loud what everyone else is thinking but doesn't have the guts to say."
3. I think my family is totally fantastic. I'm the youngest of three sisters who are as different as peanut butter and salsa. We aren't a flawless family, but we have a good time together. I adore each of my 9 nieces and nephews like they were mine. I may or may not be the favorite aunt. (*cough* I'm totally the favorite!)
4. I never give up on the people I love. Once I'm in your corner, you've got a friend for life. I'm the person you call at 3 am because your car broke down and it's pouring rain. I'll bring the jumper cables and probably take you out for curry afterward.
5. I have a healthy sense of wanderlust. It's been a few years since I've had the chance to travel the way I'd like to, but I'd love to get back to seeing the world (with a handsome side-kick!). I have a few favorite spots like Switzerland and Zambia that I'd love to see again... but there's so much more to see!
6. While I would have been a tragically inadequate pioneer (trust me, my handcart pulling skills are lacking!), I prize my relationship with the Lord. I count myself extremely blessed and try not to take those blessing for granted.
So that's my sneak peek! Drop me a line sometime. You're probably amazing and I'd love to get to know you.