There are no seconds chances at first impressions. I believe it's important to be respectful, easy to entreat and most importantly genuine.
Things I like:
- Chatting with friends and family; sitting with them in silence
- Music that breaks the 4th wall
- Hole in the wall restaurants
- Birdman, Batman, Yes Man, Cinderella Man, but not Superman
- Road trips to sunny places
- An earth-shattering memoir
- A good crowd
If you get any of the following references, we'll get along just fine:
- We're just a clever visual metaphor used to personify the abstract concept of thought.
- Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
- All my friends stay up past midnight looking for the thing to fill the void.
- When I was a young boy I tried to listen and I want to feel like that.
- They say there's linings made of silver folded inside each raining cloud; will we need someone to deliver our silver lining now?
I see a lot of people on here saying they want "Someone who has the same goals as me and wants the same things out of life." As a Mormon, it's easy to speculate what that might mean, but impossible to know. Maybe you want to colonize mars... stars must be crossed. :)
Best place to start: What is one thing in life you wish to accomplish and why? What would you do if you couldn't accomplish that thing?