Top 12 list of must knows about me. It wouldn't be fair to leave any of my attributes/likes/dislikes a mystery! (If you want to know more........read the full "resume" below this "summary"!
1. I am not into game playing....at least when it comes to relationships.
2. You can mess up all the live long day, but if you lie to me........you are out! I expect total and complete transparency. (Refer to Number 1)
3. I created 4 wonderful people. Three of them are currently attending college. My oldest lives with me while finishing nursing school (she already has one degree from the greatest school ever.......University of Missouri-Columbia!) My almost 20 year old son is attending a local college, and my middle son has just started his freshman year at Kansas State University. Needless to say, we are a house divided. My youngest son is in eighth grade.
4. I am not high maintenance, and tend to almost think like a man when it comes to dealing with conflict. I just get to the point and move on. However, I am still very feminine.
5. I stayed at home for 16 years rearing my children. I now have a career that falls within the scope of finance, and I very much enjoy the challenge that comes with this role.
6. I have found that the type of man who is typically attracted to me is somewhat superficial and often times a player. If you would use either of these words to describe yourself, I'm sure you are fun.....but you are not the one!
7. I choose to surround myself with quality people. That is not to say that I think I am better than anyone else, but I do not want to be around those who thrive off of drama or have ulterior motives. I have a tight circle of trust and will fight hard to maintain that!
8. Will initially chat, message, text, etc., but only for so long. If you aren't comfortable talking on the phone, then we would not be compatible.
9. I like the ocean, mountains (neither of which I have around here), England, the Florida Keys, Football, Baseball, listening to live music, dancing, non fiction reads, politics, not impressed by status/titles, but do like people who are stable and can support themselves financially.
10. Will not settle for anything less than a worthy Priesthood holder who can marry in the Temple. I have not experienced a Christ-centered marriage. I am desirous to have that.
A little more about me...
Transparency/Honesty is probably my greatest attribute. I have also been described as being convicted, purposeful, and "real".I don't play games. Been there, done that! If you are looking for the hook up, I am not your girl. I love my children and feel they are my greatest contribution to the world. My number one role is that of mother. However, I also have a wonderful career. I was a stay at home mom for 16 years, and feel very blessed that the right doors were opened so that I can provide for my family doing work that I love. I LOVE love, but am not desperate by any stretch of the imagination. I am more confident than I have ever been in my life. That seems kind of backwards to me, considering I am no longer 25. But, there is something empowering about keeping covenants, having faith, and surrounding yourself with quality people. I no longer need a man to make me feel good about myself and to validate my self worth. But it sure would be nice to find a partner to grow together with, and enjoy this ride we call life!
How I feel about the Church...
I have struggled much of my life, not with a testimony that the church is true, but with holding true to the standards that I have always believed are true. If you are looking for a woman of the world, then I am not your girl! I finally got my act together, and will not be swayed to be anything other than a virtuous daughter of God. I am a firm believer that when we hold true to the covenants that we make, we are blessed and protected. When we do not, we are walking away from the most amazing source of power and protection that nothing temporal can provide. I am looking for a partner who is loyal, honest in all aspects of his life, and most importantly, a man who loves God and honors his Priesthood and the covenants that he has made...........a Spiritual Giant if you will!
What I do for fun...
Maybe not too exciting, but fun for me right now includes getting to shake my booty in Zumba classes (I love to dance and at the risk of appearing overconfident, I am a pretty good dancer). I no longer go to night clubs for fun, so this is a great way for me to get my dance on without being in places where it would be tempting for me to let my standards down! I enjoy reading, but not fiction. I also try to keep up with the politics of our time, but can be a little too opinionated about certain topics and leaders, so I have been working on keeping up to speed just enough to be an informed citizen, but no longer feel I need to jump in and share my 2 cents whenever I see a good political debate on FB! If I lived near the mountains or ocean, I'm sure I would be much more outdoorsy. Just don't have that around here! I am a girl and with that comes fun outings of shopping and pedicures with friends. I also like to just hang out on a patio of a nice restaurant and listen to good music.