You know that girl Raj dated on "The Big Bang Theory"? The one that snuck out the back to escape dates? I haven't actually run away from a date yet, but I've wanted to probably a dozen times. Which is, not coincidentally, about the number of first dates I've ever been on. Not scared off yet? Read on...
I figure it's a matter of exposure, so I need to push myself to get out there. That means online chatting ain't gonna do it (sorry long-distance folks!). If you're not well outside my age range and you don't seem creepy, let's hit a Smithsonian or something.
Ways in which I live up to my username:
* I have a BS in computer science and a masters in computational linguistics and part of me wants to go back for a PhD, but I like my job too much to give it up and go back to school
* I watch Doctor Who (although only the new ones. The old ones were fine when it actually was the 80s, but I'm not nostalgic enough to sit through them now)
* I play Ingress
* I measure my age in hex
* I know how to knit (although I haven't had the time/patience to make anything other than hats and scarves)
* I'm taking glass blowing classes
* I'm a choir geek (if I didn't like my job so much, I'd totally move to UT and join the Tabernacle choir, but for now Cathedral Choral Society will have to suffice)
* I do Gilbert & Sullivan shows
* I can read Greek, Cyrillic, & Perso-Arabic *scripts*, but I don't know more than a word in languages that use them.
* I can recognize nearly every language on a Kinder egg warning label *without* cheating and reading the language digraph
* I wrote a program to generate poetry using encoding conversion and machine translation. It's kinda dada-esque, but possibly reveals the deeper meaning in language when combined with technology...naw. It just sounds that way!