I am at heart a kid who loves the outdoors but somehow ended up working in the high-tech industry. I enjoy what I do as it allows me to work with amazing people tackling some of the world's most challenging issues.
I work hard but love to have adventures whenever circumstances permit. I love exercising my body and mind but would always rather do it outside when possible. Words to describe me? Hard working, driven, goofy, independent, happy, thoughtful, adventurous.
-(!--span) Lying on the bottom of the ocean listening to Humpback whales sing overhead (I was wearing scuba gear - don't try this without scuba gear, its very important!)
- Riding in an ox cart in Cambodia and hearing whoops of joy out in the jungle... jumping off said ox cart and running out into the jungle to find a bunch of locals playing volleyball in a dirt clearing on a homemade net woven out of vines! Joining said locals in an awesome game of volleyball and just having a blast! They have an interesting tradition... the losing team has to drink some of their homemade rice wine after each loss... they say its for strength and courage... but after a couple of losses, I'm not certain the losing team could EVER stage a comeback! :) I made certain I never lost! :)
- Talking one-on-one with a Nobel laureate about the fundamental building blocks of the universe
- Rolling a rock the size of a city bus down the mountain using only hand tools... feeling the entire mountain shake!
- Petting a rhinoceros... feeling him rub against my hand to get his horn and ears scratched!
- Crossing glaciers in Alaska, surrounded by blue ice 300 ft thick, trudging through snow up to my waist, wearing only sneakers... well, and pants... you have to wear pants... what I mean is not wearing any special climbing gear... just doing it in street clothes because it was there... anyway... I hope you get the idea!
- Sitting on the Mount of Beatitudes in Israel as President Hunter read from the new testament
I spent last week at the bottom of the Grand Canyon sitting barefoot in a small Indian village while my kids and I watched horses run wild through the village. Later, we hiked and I taught them to cliff dive in turquoise pools at the base of some genuinely breathtaking waterfalls. I want to find someone who would find this as amazing as I did.
I'm looking for my best friend. I want a meaningful life... built on doing good and making a difference. There's lots and lots of fun that comes a long the way but I want it centered on others. I want to find a partner that feels similarly. I want to find more happiness in taking care of her than I find in talking care of myself... and I hope she feels the same way... I found it before... I want to find it again!