A rare combination of beauty & brains...
I'm a kind, bright, & adventurous person, as well as a very devoted & loyal friend. I'm known to be quite spontaneous & sarcastic, albeit very serious at times, although I'll probably be fairly quiet & reserved until I get to know you. I'm very easy-going, extremely patient, & a true romantic at heart. I’m definitely not one to vie for the spotlight - I prefer to work my magic in the background.
Music, movies, & books are among my favorite things. I do all types - & yes, I want to see how well the movie stands up to the book, not to mention how the music impacts & enhances the overall experience. Hey, I’m a scholar & musician at the core. :) I like to get out & do new things, just have fun with close friends & family - local events, hiking, travel, amusement parks, the like. There are many types of activities I enjoy & I'm game for those I've not tried yet (usually). I love cooking as well as frequenting the restaurant scene - both of the new & different variety, as well as the proven standards. I also revel in the beauty of nature. How often do you take time to admire the complexity of the small details while savoring the grandeur of the big picture?
1. I’m not your typical girl. I don't do girly things like fake nails (well, maybe occasionally) & poofy hair, nor do I scream about bugs. And I don't necessarily like to go shopping (shocking, I know). I’m pretty realistic & down-to-earth, & I’m not afraid to get a little dirty sometimes. That being said, I do dress up quite well. ;)
2. While I'm certainly not a sports fan per se, there are 3 rather unconventional outlets that I get a kick out of watching: bull riding, car races, hockey. Yep, tough it out or suck it up -- that's all I'm gonna say.
3. One of my all-time favorite things: FIREWORKS!! Yes, I am a fireworks fanatic & admit that for 2 solid weeks in July, I put on a pretty spectacular show of my own. Just one of the benefits of living in UT, where we have TWO excuses (I mean holidays) that permit me to blow things up during the summer.
4. So, my taste in music: the lower, the louder, the better! What can I say? I sat in the middle of the brass section in front of the percussion for years... I’d be surprised if you can guess what my primary instrument was though. :)
5. Things I've dabbled in & would love to list as a hobby but never seem to find the time to pursue seriously: jewelry/beading, graphology & palmistry, singing, cake decorating, sewing, photography. Without a doubt, time is definitely my most precious commodity.
6. I'm somewhat morbid at times. By all means, I'd much rather hang out in the cemeteries of New Orleans than waste my time on Bourbon Street. The things some people do for entertainment...
7. I have a slightly demented & sometimes wicked sense of humor. Very black. And if you smuck yourself out doing something stupid, I WILL laugh at you. Period. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
One more thing... I'm not looking to be with someone for the sake of being "an item.” I’d rather base a lasting relationship on a solid friendship. Wouldn’t you? Besides, marriage is too important a decision to rush into anyhow. Good relationships are about chemistry & growing together, & I think the uniqueness of individuals should continue throughout time because that's what makes it fun. I'm also a firm believer that gaining trust & building a strong relationship takes time. Once you've done that, you may be pleasantly surprised by what you've earned.
You'll inevitably ask, so here it is: I'm looking for a strong, positive, trustworthy man - an overall nice guy - who upholds his commitments & covenants, will dutifully fulfill & honor his roles as husband / father, & is confident enough to press forward but humble enough to acknowledge the Lord's hand in all. I want a man who has passion, honesty, humor, & determination. I’m interested in someone who is willing to fight for & defend that which he values, & is prepared to put forth the work & effort required to accomplish remarkable achievements together. Someone who wouldn't mind a cute girl at his side - one that would go to any length for him, lavish him with affection, & be entirely devoted to him for all font-weight:bold;")eternity.
So if you're interested or at all curious, send me a line.