Ok, I’ve been thinking about it long enough. I grew up the 3rd of 9 kids in an active LDS family back East. I served a Spanish speaking mission to San Diego. I have been out West (Utah, Montana, and now Wyoming) for about 30 years. I was widowed after 4 kids and divorced after another 3 kids. My 3 oldest sons are out of the house, my 17 year old daughter lives with me, and the 3 youngest live with their mother and visit frequently. Experiences have taught me that you can always learn more about gospel principles and doctrines that you thought you understood.
I work in health care in Northwestern Wyoming. I enjoy regular temple attendance and currently serve as Ward Clerk. Scoutmaster is the best calling I have ever had. Would like to serve another mission with my spouse someday. Right now life revolves around kids, church service, career, local search and rescue, our animals, and outdoor pursuits.
Some random thoughts about me:
- I would rather fix something myself than hire a repairman.
- I enjoy an active lifestyle.
- I thoroughly enjoy my job.
- I will drive many hours to spend time with my kids.
- We like animals. We have 3 horses, a steer, an alpaca, 8 chickens, and a dog. My daughter shows livestock in the county fair each summer. Every couple of years we raise a few pigs for the freezer.
- My to do list never gets short, but I know when to ignore it.
- I subscribe to my Dad’s motto, “work hard, play hard”.
- Both my parents were veterinarians.
- My first wife and I were sealed by Neal Maxwell.
- I believe that being able to apologize means that you value the relationship more than your pride.
- I prefer to talk about things before they grow into big problems.(br (span="" style="background-color:yellow;"))- I don’t like going to bed mad.
- I don’t like sleeping on the couch.
- I have always honored my temple covenants.
- Sometimes I tear up during movies, but try to hide it.
- We live 30 minutes from the East entrance to Yellowstone.
- In winter I ski (both downhill and cross country) whenever I can.
- A neighbor in need is always a priority for me.
- I like to home teach.
- Scouting is important in this family. My 3 oldest boys and I are Eagle Scouts. My youngest is a Cub Scout.
- If you help me fix fence, I’ll help you clean the house.
- I wish I had more time to tyle="font-weight:bold;")read.
- I like date nights, camping, pack trips, hiking, and hunting.
- I’d love to go on a health care service mission with my spouse in a remote area or third world country.
- I love family reunions.
What I am looking for:
- A best friend with an eternal perspective and is 100% committed to the gospel.
- A spouse who enjoys church service and regular temple attendance.
- An adventurer who enjoys an active, outdoor lifestyle.
- A companion who will ride in the mountains with me and travel to professional meetings.
- A teacher who will expose me to new experiences.
- A student who will encourage me to teach them a few things.
- A partner who understands the value of hard work and provident living.
- A mother and wife who values family relationships. My extended family is large and I look forward to adding to it.