I really do enjoy life although I also work hard. I stay busy with a full life of varied activities. I get bored if I have to do the same thing over and over.
Some things about me:
1. Church: I'm a convert - baptized October 2011, endowed November 2012. I attend church meetings regularly and go to the temple at least weekly. Callings so far include RS Secretary and currently RS 2nd Counselor. I Visit Teach regularly and participate in a good bit of compassionate service. My niece and I are the only members of the Church at this time.
2. Friends: I have lots of acquaintances that I enjoy doing things with. I have a few very good friends that I love doing things with.
3. Family: I don't have children, but I mostly like them. It was a choice I made. I didn't have the gospel in my life at the age I would have been having children.. I just didn't know. I'm the oldest of 3. I have 2 sisters who live in different states.
4. Work: I work for the U.S. Department of Education/Federal Student Aid. I'm good at what I do and I enjoy it. I've been with the government for 27 years, but did some interesting jobs before that - jewelry store sales clerk, veterinary technician, medical secretary, camp cook at a dude ranch, used car sales, and truck driver.
5. Education: Finally went back to college seriously when I figured out I was going to turn 30 and had not completed a degree. Completed a BS in Information Systems in 1993. Then completed an MBA in 1999. Now I'm thinking I might go back for something fun like a certificate in Family History at BYU-Idaho online...we'll see.
6. Stuff I like to do: Lots! I can't do the same thing over and over. I just get bored with it. I volunteer at various non-profit organizations as well as do as much as I can to magnify my calling in the Relief Society. I love to play cards and board games - Scrabble and Cribbage are my favorites. I also love to go to concerts - most any kind of music even though I have no musical talent. I love the theater - from community theater to Broadway. I like museums and art shows, flea markets, craft shows and car shows. I love to fish and camp. I used to hunt and might again. I can cook most anything a hunter would bring home. I like to ride my bicycle. I don't like a stationary bicycle. I like to go to baseball, hockey, and soccer games as well as rodeos and horse shows. I'm a good cook and enjoy it. I'm not a particularly good baker because it takes more patience than I have, but I make a really great apple cake, peach pie, or chocolate covered strawberries if you need dessert.
7. Stuff I don't like: Shopping. Talking on the phone when the other person lives close enough to talk to me in person.
8. Physical me: My weight fluctuates depending on lots of things. I'm attractive if you like my "type." If not, that's OK too.
9. Pets: I like most critters in their place. I'm not crazy about reptiles or rodents as pets, but have met some of each that I liked. I have two Old English Sheepdogs and a Schnauzer that my mother decided she couldn't keep when she moved into a senior living apartment complex - he's my baby brother. My dogs are nice, although not all that well behaved. They think everyone loves them. I've taught them to eat from a fork and spoon. They like oatmeal, lasagna, and croissants. They don't like grapefruit.
10. Being Single in the Church: Yikes! Its a good thing I go to church for the gospel and not for a social life! The Single Adult program here isn't much fun and the other singles I've met and like, I didn't meet there! I would really like to meet an LDS man who has a few of my same interests and likes to go to the Temple. I would like to have a nice date once in awhile and also be able to call or be called for something fun on the spur of the moment. Marriage could be in the future, but its not my immediate goal. I'm comfortable with myself and confident in who I am. I like to be around people who are also comfortable and confident. I like to laugh and have fun. I also need some quiet time once in awhile.
So, that's a bit about me...send me a message if you'd like to talk.