8 Reasons Why I’m Weird:
1. I like public speaking! In fact, I serve as the companion speaker for my dad on his high council speaking assignments.
2. I live in a small town even though I prefer the suburbs of a big city.
3. I know how much I’ve spent on groceries every month for the past seven years. I do have the spreadsheets, in case you’re curious.
4. Even though I frequently express my opinion, I love to ask questions and genuinely learn about people.
5. I survived a 25 foot high ropes course and braved a hot air balloon ride even though I’m afraid of heights.
6. I love interior design so much that when I visit my friends’ homes I redecorate them in my head.
7. I’m a regular at the gym even though I’d rather be eating moose tracks ice cream.
8. I listen to General Conference talks every morning while doing my hair and make-up.
Not scared away yet? Read on!
Family -- I am the youngest of eight kids and I have 19 nieces and nephews! Do I want a lot of kids? No, two or three will do just fine, thanks.
Education/Career – I have a B.A. in Communications from BYU. I love my job where I get to play on Facebook all day and get paid for it!
Organized – Yes, I run my life by to-do lists. Yes, I make spreadsheets to analyze the pros/cons of comparable products before making a big purchase. Yes, I load the dishwasher by organizing all like sized items together, Yes, I color coordinate my closet. No, I don’t alphabetize my medicine cabinet. Who do you think I am? Martha Stewart?!
Reader -- I love to read and especially like WWII books. One of my favorite books is, “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption,” which is the true story about an American Olympic runner who got captured by the Japanese and became a prisoner of war. Read any good books? I’d love to hear about them!
Geography – After growing up in the rainiest place on earth (Seattle) I’ve done stints in Utah, Idaho, Florida, New York and California. I most recently moved from Virginia where I lived for five years and loved it! I currently live near family in Arkansas and look forward to living in other parts of the country!
Gospel – I miss teaching my darling primary kids but enjoy serving the sisters in Relief Society. At the risk of sounding too churchy, the gospel is my number one priority, and I’m looking for someone who feels the same way.