10 Things About Me:
1. Music is one of my biggest passions. I like a very wide range of music, including something from most genres. Parachute is currently my favorite artist, so kudos if you know their music. :) I also sing and play the piano and clarinet. One day I’d like to learn how to play the guitar.
2. I believe that education is one of the most important things in life. Whether it is formal or not, I think that it is important to always seek for knowledge. I’m currently finishing up my degree and hope to never stop learning.
3. I am currently working as a hairstylist. My favorite part about my job is that I get to help people feel good about themselves.
4. I am from Seattle and have a lot of Seattle pride. I am a firm believer that everyone should visit there at least once in their lifetime, so if you’ve never been, you should plan a trip there. :)
5. I am a little bit of a Disney addict. If you spend any time around me you’ll quickly find that I have a Disney quote for almost every occasion. Alan Menken and Walt Disney are two of my heroes. I’m working on finding a way to live inside Disneyland, and I have a goal to go to DisneyWorld someday.
6. I love to read. Peg Kehret and Traci Hunter Abramson are a few of my favorite authors. I also dabble a little bit in writing and would love to get a novel published someday.
7. In case it’s not obvious, I’m a very goal-oriented person. I love setting goals and finding ways to accomplish them. I truly believe that setting and reaching for goals is the only way to reach your full potential.
8. I really enjoy sports that involve a racket and/or a net. Volleyball is probably my favorite, but I also really enjoy badminton, pickleball, racquetball, and ping pong (if you consider that a sport). I’m hoping to take up tennis as soon as I have some free time.
9. My family is the second most important thing to me, right after the gospel. I have 6 siblings, and we’re very close. My extended family is very close as well.
10. As I said, the gospel is the most important thing to me. I have learned beyond a shadow of a doubt that Heavenly Father knows us each individually, and has a plan for each one of us that is better than anything we could have planned for ourselves, even when it doesn’t make sense in the moment. The Plan of Salvation has brought a lot of comfort, peace and meaning to my life, and I am so grateful to have that knowledge.