You might like to know that I...
- am the oldest child of three.
- have a Ph.D. in English, but these days I read more nonfiction than anything else.
- enjoy taking road trips on my own.
- believe that people do what they do for reasons, not because they are deluded and idiotic. (Yes, I know, there ARE some of those. In fact I have occasionally belonged to their number....)
- enjoy playing devil's advocate.
- have been sometimes penny-wise and pound-foolish.
- am typically more patient with people than I thought I'd be.
- have at one point or another learned swing dancing, salsa, cha cha, Viennese waltz, Lindy hop, jazz dance, square dancing, Renaissance court dances, Regency ballroom, and Scottish sword dancing...and am still not very good at any of them.
- would read every other magazine in the doctor's office before I picked up anything about sports.
- do however enjoy kayaking, cycling, and martial arts.
- drive hatchbacks exclusively. (I'm waiting for the endorsement contracts to arrive any day now.)
- want to talk a lot about the movie after it's over.
- don't have cable because I really, truly don't watch television.
- was raised in the LDS church.
- like flying but not airports.
- was an Eagle Scout.
- like women who wear perfume.
- remember names better than faces.
- look good in a kilt.
- think too much.
I like dark chocolate and light rain; I like bluegrass singing, redwood forests, candy orange slices, Cecil H. Green Library, white Christmases, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, brown leather jackets, purple ink, and silver linings. I love the smell of woodworking shops, the feel of granite on a sunny day, the crunch of leaves. I can't stand styrofoam.
Perhaps the most revealing fact about me: my favorite flavor of ice cream is Neapolitan.